Where Will Alexis Sanchez transfer?
Table of Contents
Alexis Sanchez Transfer Rumours
The transfer window has just closed, but the rumours are already circling regarding the future of Alexis Sanchez.
Arsenal refused to sell him in the summer, showing their intent on keeping the player. However, everybody knows he wants to leave, with Manchester City being his likely destination.
He’s not short of potential destinations, with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City, PSG… basically all of the elite clubs willing to sign him. Why not, he’s worth around £60 million in today’s market, so why wouldn’t want to sign him for free?
Ready to Start Trading?
When you register at Football Index, you can claim a special offer. This will enable you to trade risk free, where any losses up to £500 are refunded, as cash. Remember to use code FIA when you sign up.
Potential Destinations for Alexis Sanchez
- Manchester City are favourites for his signature, after being the only club to put a formal offer in during the summer transfer window. This shows that they definitely want him!
- Pep Guardiola has publicly expressed how he would love Sanchez to play for him again, after the failures of working together at Barcelona.
- Arsenal accepted the £60m offer for Sanchez, but pulled out when they couldn’t sign Lemar. If other clubs were interested, surely they would have bid too?
- News outlets are reporting that Man City will test Arsenal with just a £20m bid in January, as it’s either accept £20m, or lose him for free in 6 months time.
Back to Barcelona?
- Sanchez left Barcelona when Neymar joined, as he was the 4th choice attacker. Messi, Neymar, David Villa were the main three, leaving Sanchez to play in cup games, or come on as a substitute. Now, Neymar has left. Messi and Suarez need a partner, Dembele is facing a long spell on the sidelines. This leaves Sanchez with a starting spot, he’s grown as a player since he left Barcelona and will definitely hold his place in the team.
- Barcelona have around £150m left from the Neymar transfer, as they are paying in installments for Ousmane Dembele. They won’t need to pay for Sanchez in the summer, so they will be able to pay astronomical amounts to Sanchez in wages, bonuses & signing on fees.
- Barcelona would attract all players. Yes, he has already done it, but there’s something magical about playing with Lionel Messi, compared to Raheem Sterling!
- Sanchez has grown frustrated at Arsenal not winning any trophies, at Barcelona he stands the greatest chance of winning La Liga or the Champions League!
- Alexis may want to consider Chelsea, as it means he doesn’t have to unsettle his family. He has spoken about enjoying the London lifestyle, he certainly loves his dogs aswell so there are definitely benefits to remaining in London! I can’t see Spurs signing him, so there’s no other London club that can compete for his signature.
- Chelsea are the English champions, aswell as being in the Champions League. This will tick all the boxes for Sanchez as they’re trophies he wants so desperately.
- Chelsea have recently lost Diego Costa, after a crazy summer. They have the funds to get Sanchez and they may well be setting their sights on him.
If Sanchez gets his much anticipated move, his share price will be affected. Take a look at the points below to see how.
- Sanchez would most likely get the highest share price if he chose to sign for Barcelona. He would be able to get easier performance buzz scores, as the opposition are much easier & Barcelona brush teams aside, scoring 5,6,7,8 goals in the process!
- If he moved to a Bayern Munich or the Chinese League, his price would plummet.
- If he opted for Man City, Chelsea I think his price would increase during the transfer but then settle at around the same price.
- If he stays at Arsenal, I can see the price staying the same, as the media will still be speculating that he’s going to move in the next transfer window
The Alexis Sanchez stories will most likely be the main story for the winter transfer period, as this is the crucial time for Arsenal.
Do they sell him in January, getting some money back and able time to find a replacement… or do they leave his contract to run down, getting nothing back from their investment in him & find a replacement over the summer break?
I think as we close in on January, his share price may rocket due to the Media Buzz surrounding him.